CAR INSURANCE IS FOR PERSONAL VEHICLES SUCH AS COMMON TRUCKS, SEDANS, AND SUVS.
FOR COMMERCIAL AUTO RISKS SEE OUR BUSINESS AUTO PRODUCTS.
What Is Car Insurance?
Car or Auto Insurance is one of the most important of the property and liability insurance lines of business as it effects virtually every individual, family and business. Auto insurance protects you and others against financial loss which may occur in relation to the operation or ownership of an automobile. The Florida Financial Responsibility Law sets out the basic requirements that apply to all operators of motor vehicles in the State and stipulates that in the event of an accident an operator must “respond for such damages and show proof of financial ability to respond for damages in future accidents”.
A personal auto policy is a contract between you and the insurance company that issues the policy. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay any losses covered under the policy.
Auto Insurance provides property, liability and medical coverages:
- Property Coverage pays for damage to, or theft of, your vehicle.
- Liability Coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries to yourself or others without regard to fault or legal liabilities. This coverage applies to anyone while occupying your covered vehicle.
A standard auto policy can include a number of different types of coverages, such as liability, PIP, uninsured/underinsured coverage, comprehensive, collision, rental reimbursement, roadside assistance and other customized coverages. Most states require you to carry some, but not all, of these coverages. If you’re financing a car, your lender may have their own requirements. Most auto policies are written for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail or e-mail when it’s time to renew your policy.
- Why do you need auto insurance?
- It’s about protecting you and your family from potential financial loss.
- If you’re in an accident, or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace your vehicle.
- If you or any of your passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re able to personally afford.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, it addresses the statutory requirements which are set down by the Florida Financial Responsibility Law.
Questions to ask us… your agent
- Which available coverages will fit my specific needs?
- How much can you afford to pay if you get into an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more out-of-pocket for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company’s level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask us about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What’s the procedure for filing and settling a claim?
NOW THAT YOU’RE IN
THE KNOW, GRAB A QUOTE!
IF YOU PREFER GUIDED HELP, CONTACT US TO SPEAK TO AN AGENT OR VISIT OUR OFFICE.