What is a Dwelling Policy?
The Dwelling Program is personal insurance applicable for insuring buildings occupied for dwelling purposes having not more than four apartment or family units, household personal property in any apartment, cooperative or condominium used as living quarters or rented to others.
Examples of properties that may qualify under the Dwelling program are:
- Three- or four-family dwellings.
- Dwellings rented to others by the owner.
- Dwellings owned by corporations or other business entities.
- Owner-occupied dwellings with values lower than company minimums required for homeowners insurance.
There are three basic coverage forms for Dwelling coverage:
- DP-1 – Dwelling Property Basic Form.
- DP-2 – Dwelling Property Broad Form.
- DP-3 – Dwelling Property Special Form.